Friday, May 31, 2013

Blue Buffet (aka The Blue Beast)


Before: Brown Beast
I have been dying to move out of the white paint zone and go back to color! For some reason, I've had the blue itch. I've done lots of the  Duck Egg Blue/Provence/Teal stuff...I'm over it. I went to the paint store in search for the perfect blue color...and walked away with a quart of Temple Star. A friend had given me a buffet to stick in my booth, and I kept eyeing it and thinking it was the perfect piece to paint blue! So, that's what I did! And I LOVE it! I lovingly call her "The Blue Beast."
After: Blue Beast
The buffet was in pretty good shape, but there were some places that were scratched and "crackly".

I decided to keep the original hardware, which works perfectly with the dark wax.

The buffet is very classic, but the blue color just makes it FUN! It would be a great addition to any dining room, but I think it'd also look pretty fantastic as a bathroom vanity or a display piece in an entryway or living/family room. It's just a cozy piece....not too fancy and relaxing.


I'm not sure if I've gotten the need for blue out of my system totally, but The Blue Beast was a pretty good start!

For Sale: $525
Measurements
Height: 35.5"
Width: 51.5"
Depth: 19.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment